LET’S GET STARTED
As a Consumer & Marketplace Insights (CMI) Undergraduate Intern you’ll have the chance to help Altria shape the future and deliver winning results in an exciting and dynamic time. During our 12-week, paid summer program, you’ll experience on-the-job training, access to mentors, planned social events with other Altria interns and opportunities to grow your leadership skills.
You’ll be challenged and empowered to:
- Work on projects relevant to current business opportunities, consulting with members of our team and key stakeholders, with the opportunity to present work to senior management
• Design, execute, and interpret primary and/or secondary research analyses on key
strategic business issues
• Analyze and model marketplace information to drive insights and aid business decision-making
• Gain greater knowledge and understanding of product performance (i.e., share, volume and pricing), wholesale and retail execution, customer segmentation, product distribution strategies, etc.
• Evaluate and optimize consumer engagement programs; analyze performance; and recommend strategies for future enhancement
• Understand different career path options, and how a career with Altria could benefit you
Business areas for project work can include: Consumer Research, Business Analytics, Digital Operations, Statistical Modeling, Event Marketing, Marketing Services, and Customer Care Operations.
THIS ISN’T FOR JUST ANYONE — BUT IT COULD BE PERFECT FOR YOU
To qualify for the summer intern program, student applicants must be:
- Rising seniors at the time of the internship in good academic standing (minimum 3.0 GPA preferred)
• Currently enrolled in a relevant undergraduate degree program (Marketing, Marketing Research, Statistics, Management, Economics, Data Science/ Analytics or similar field)
• Strong communicators with strategic, analytical and creative thinking skills and demonstrated leadership initiative
• Flexible to respond to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Highly-proficient with Microsoft Office
PLEASE NOTE: We do not retain resumes submitted outside of our application process. To qualify for our internships or co-op assignments, you must be eligible to work full time within the United States without sponsorship. Candidates must pass a drug-screen and background check prior to employment. Housing assistance is available for eligible interns.